Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Location - Whiteville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was down there in November for the 3rd Annual Open Car & Truck Show held during the NC Pecan Harvest Festival and thought I'd be a good midway point along 74 between I-95 and Wilmington for a Supercharger location. Will the two destination chargers at the local Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q be replaced with Superchargers like Garner, NC or will the site be somewhere else? If it's placed at Smithfield's it'd be roughly half a mile from eastbound 74's exit for the 701 By-Pass for those headed to Wilmington or the southern shores of the NC coast.

WhitevilleNC.png

Well chalk this up to one of those "it never hurts to ask" moments. I sent SCNB a message on social media and the response I got back was, "thanks for reaching out it will be switched to a supercharger site we are still waiting on a date regarding this project"

In Google Maps, if you drop the Street View pegman in front of the SCNB in Whiteville you'll see where the two destination chargers currently are because there happened to be a blue Tesla parked charging as the Street View car rolled by. If they're like most other SCNB locations with two destination chargers one of'em is on a 100 amp circuit and can push 80A to an older Model S that has dual chargers.

Reactions: J569