Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pinellas County Electrician for Condo HPWC Install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TI Sailor

Supporting Member
May 4, 2013
Treasure Island, FL
I have 2 Model 3's on order and recently contacted a Tesla-recommended electrician, Gulfstar Electric in Clearwater, to install an HPWC in my Treasure Island condo's undercover parking space. I have Board approval with no restrictions other than to have it connected to my meter in the common utility room.

Gulfstar replied, "At this time we do not offer EV charger installations in condominiums due to the high volume of single family home installations on our schedule".

Anyone have a recommendation for an electrician who isn't too busy and/or can come up with a better excuse?:mad:

I have 2 Model 3's on order and recently contacted a Tesla-recommended electrician, Gulfstar Electric in Clearwater, to install an HPWC in my Treasure Island condo's undercover parking space. I have Board approval with no restrictions other than to have it connected to my meter in the common utility room.

Gulfstar replied, "At this time we do not offer EV charger installations in condominiums due to the high volume of single family home installations on our schedule".

Anyone have a recommendation for an electrician who isn't too busy and/or can come up with a better excuse?:mad:

Small Jobs Electric, another Tesla-recommended vendor, has today declined as well.

Not helpful to you but good luck. We have a condo in Venice, anything more than AC repair is a terrible pain to get anyone to show up for. Even if they schedule an appointment that is only 50-50 they will show up

Thanks. What's even more surprising about these 2 companies refusing to install an HPWC in a condominium is the fact I told them the Board wants an estimate for a "backbone" installation, from the common utility room to the garage, so other owners can get set up a lot quicker and easier than it will initially be for me.

On one hand, it’s good to hear they are busy installing chargers, but unfortunately they probably had issues in the past with condo owners. I got a quote from them and thought the owner was very knowledgeable and professional and would definitely use them when I’m ready to have my units installed.
Hope you find a solution soon!

Bill,

Try Luminous Electric.

Larry

Thanks Larry and @mwoz. I'll contact Luminous Electric. Luckily two companies called yesterday and agreed to take a look: Live Wire Electrical Services (Largo) and JN Electric (Land O' Lakes). In all fairness, Davan with Gulfstar Electric expanded on his original email a couple of days later and said they might be able to take a look by the end of the summer.

I know this won’t specifically help you right now, but when we moved into our home in Wesley Chapel a few years ago we contacted Gulfstar to install our HPWC and they were truly fantastic. We had a couple more jobs we wanted done a few months later, but they were just too busy.

Davan is awesome if you can get him over.

----------
About a month ago I got a Tesla home charger installed (along with a major electrical upgrade). I would recommend these two electricians: Alix and Jose. Give Jose Ramirez a call at: ‭(954) 297-6912‬. They did an excellent and very neat job. And they serve South Florida.

Although Dan from Luminous Electric was prompt and very professional, I ended up contracting with JN Electric. The 2 people I dealt with, Butch and Jeff, were extremely knowledgable, especially when it came to dealing with the nuances of a condominium. Not only is a condominium considered commercial, e.g., with special conditions, in my case it meant coming off my meter 3 stories up in a utility room (see image of subpanel), directing conduit thru 2 solid concrete ceilings, traversing an elevator room (with another set of regulations/standards), and then crossing the undercover garage to my parking space. The Treasure Island building inspector was highly complimentary of their work and gave his stamp of approval after only a quick review. If you need a contractor, I'd make sure to ask JN Electric for a bid/proposal.
fullsizeoutput_2957.jpeg