Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pirelli ev tires? all season anyone try?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They look promising. I was wondering if these were just the regular p zero all season plus with foam inside, but not so. If they have 15% improvement in rolling resistance there must be construction differences.

"The Elect marking offers a number of advantages. First and foremost is low rolling resistance, designed to increase the driving range while reducing consumption.
Compared to a non-elect P Zero All Season Plus product, the new Pirelli tire has shown a reduction of 15% of rolling resistance, which translates in a direct improvement in the battery life of the vehicle."

Well, a tire is not going to improve the life of the battery, rather the wording should be increased range. :)

P zero all season plus: the elect revolution also for replacement

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Just had a set of Pirelli Elect tires installed 2 weeks ago. Only a hundred miles on them so far. Replaced original Primacy tires on my 2015 85D with 36k miles on them. So far they seem to be quieter and closed to the same efficiency. I expect that they will get better after some more miles. 300 mile weekend road trip coming up in 2 weeks, will update after that with observations.

Local Discount Tire installed for me, said they inflated to 42 psi. I checked the next morning to find all tires @49psi. Have since dropped to 45 as shown on door jamb. Pirelli website does not offer any details. Also odd that tire receipt states that tires are different than OEM size, even though they show same numbers and were the website replacement recommendation.

Just had a set of Pirelli Elect tires installed 2 weeks ago. Only a hundred miles on them so far. Replaced original Primacy tires on my 2015 85D with 36k miles on them. So far they seem to be quieter and closed to the same efficiency. I expect that they will get better after some more miles. 300 mile weekend road trip coming up in 2 weeks, will update after that with observations.

Local Discount Tire installed for me, said they inflated to 42 psi. I checked the next morning to find all tires @49psi. Have since dropped to 45 as shown on door jamb. Pirelli website does not offer any details. Also odd that tire receipt states that tires are different than OEM size, even though they show same numbers and were the website replacement recommendation.
cool...looking at those for next tire change...or just stick with cross climate 2

They look promising. I was wondering if these were just the regular p zero all season plus with foam inside, but not so. If they have 15% improvement in rolling resistance there must be construction differences.

"The Elect marking offers a number of advantages. First and foremost is low rolling resistance, designed to increase the driving range while reducing consumption.
Compared to a non-elect P Zero All Season Plus product, the new Pirelli tire has shown a reduction of 15% of rolling resistance, which translates in a direct improvement in the battery life of the vehicle."

Well, a tire is not going to improve the life of the battery, rather the wording should be increased range. :)

P zero all season plus: the elect revolution also for replacement
i have been reading reviews everywhere and many say thier range has decreased with these pirelli as ev tires....compared to the cross climate 2.

let

let us know about efficiency

let

let us know about efficiency
This is about as scientific as I could get with the attached picture. Trip B is with new Pirelli tires, while trip A is previous OEM Michelin and the trip B Pirelli mixed in. Not sure how apples to apples this is since the Pirellis took a couple of 600 mile round trips in rain and cold, which pushed the consumption way up. I typically drive about 5 mph over limit unless conditions don’t allow. I am OCD on tire pressure, so they are always correct.

if you don’t want to look at the picture, Pirelli shows 2700 miles at 328 wh/m and the Michelins show 11700 miles at 306 wh/m. So far, the Pirellis are about 7% worse in efficiency.

Attachments

• 07826C7A-9868-40C8-A530-1AA7E592B8D0.jpeg
    07826C7A-9868-40C8-A530-1AA7E592B8D0.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 149
This is about as scientific as I could get with the attached picture. Trip B is with new Pirelli tires, while trip A is previous OEM Michelin and the trip B Pirelli mixed in. Not sure how apples to apples this is since the Pirellis took a couple of 600 mile round trips in rain and cold, which pushed the consumption way up. I typically drive about 5 mph over limit unless conditions don’t allow. I am OCD on tire pressure, so they are always correct.

if you don’t want to look at the picture, Pirelli shows 2700 miles at 328 wh/m and the Michelins show 11700 miles at 306 wh/m. So far, the Pirellis are about 7% worse in efficiency.
Take this into account:

old vs new rolling resistance

7% can be alot though

So much happier with this, 300 mile trip with temps in upper 80s, no significant wind. This is much better than the other screenshot. Average usage for the trip at regular highway speeds (75-80 mph) of 295 Wh/mi. Expect the tires to continue to improve (see earlier link) since these just crossed the 3k miles. Drove through a bit of rain, tires worked well. Thumbs up on the Pirelli Elect.
tesla_trip.jpg

So much happier with this, 300 mile trip with temps in upper 80s, no significant wind. This is much better than the other screenshot. Average usage for the trip at regular highway speeds (75-80 mph) of 295 Wh/mi. Expect the tires to continue to improve (see earlier link) since these just crossed the 3k miles. Drove through a bit of rain, tires worked well. Thumbs up on the Pirelli Elect.
View attachment 942544
so what do you think? was trip a with a diff tire? sorry iwas confused

I have about 13,000 miles on my set now. They are wearing well, efficiency is good, noise is good. Pretty impressed so far... likely to stick with these for the price vs. going back to MXM4s or something else.
Watching intently. :) Did you experience tramlining with the Cinturato P7 AS II before this mileage, or just near the end of their life? And how many miles did you get from them?