Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid acceleration shudder and half shafts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 refreshed MX Long Range. Not plaid, but Tesla just replaced both front shafts for shutter. IT'S STILL A PROBLEM or why would Tesla have spend the money replacing them at 14k miles? And I don't even have as much power as you Plaid guys. Partial 'Solution' on refresh is software, where car really likes to default to low all the time. Of course I burned through a set of rear tires in 9k miles, thanks T engineers for that compromise. (getting Maxsboost rear arms to fix this design flaw by T)

I think my reason why shafts went so low mikes compared to others is Wisconsins lack of spending money on roads results is crap with pot hole, cracks, and rough expansion joins, such that car spends alot of time telling me this on screen : "Suspension Raised For Ride Comfort". No, no, no! I read that as "Suspension Raised To Burn Out Your Poorly Designed CV Joints".

Fixed CV joint geometry was on list for things I wanted in refresh. Looks like got stupid Yoke and removal of stalks instead of spending time where it was needed. Thanks TechNOking.

Last edited: