Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid payment question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching the forum but since Tesla has the Plaid version of cars I couldn't find anything about the Plaid payment method.

This is the second Tesla I've purchased and I used Plaid to make the final payment last time. My new MYP is scheduled for delivery 03/01 and I went to make the final payment through the app and when I hit the button it went directly to "Complete" with $0.00 due. I asked my SA about this and he said that it should have prompted me to log into Plaid for the final payment but it did not. He never responded when I asked if he can verify where the payment was made from. And since this is over a holiday weekend nothing has hit my bank account yet.

So I'm getting kind of nervous that something went wrong on the Tesla app and they won't recognize my payment. Hopefully I'll see it hit my bank account tomorrow after the holiday. Is this a normal experience? I have a week before my delivery and if it's messed up I hope that Tesla can get it sorted and not cancel my order/delivery.

I assume it is using Plaid as that is what the SA said it would use. However, I don't remember signing up for that on my first purchase. And if I look in the app one of my payment methods is my bank account.

Last edited:
My apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching the forum but since Tesla has the Plaid version of cars I couldn't find anything about the Plaid payment method.

This is the second Tesla I've purchased and I used Plaid to make the final payment last time. My new MYP is scheduled for delivery 03/01 and I went to make the final payment through the app and when I hit the button it went directly to "Complete" with $0.00 due. I asked my SA about this and he said that it should have prompted me to log into Plaid for the final payment but it did not. He never responded when I asked if he can verify where the payment was made from. And since this is over a holiday weekend nothing has hit my bank account yet.

So I'm getting kind of nervous that something went wrong on the Tesla app and they won't recognize my payment. Hopefully I'll see it hit my bank account tomorrow after the holiday. Is this a normal experience? I have a week before my delivery and if it's messed up I hope that Tesla can get it sorted and not cancel my order/delivery.

I assume it is using Plaid as that is what the SA said it would use. However, I don't remember signing up for that on my first purchase. And if I look in the app one of my payment methods is my bank account.
Is there a green check mark in the app under “complete payment?” If so, it went through. I think you can also check your account on the Tesla website and see if there is a balance due.

If you never unlinked it from last time, its still authorized and probably already took the cash as soon as you hit the button. No need to log in again.