Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plastic piece fell off of charge port door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A small diamond shaped piece of plastic fell from my charge port door when I opened it. Charging completed as usual and the door closed as usual. I vaguely remember a similar thread on this forum and something about an IR or magnetic sensor that caused a problem without that plastic piece installed. Anyone remember that thread or the issue?

A small diamond shaped piece of plastic fell from my charge port door when I opened it. Charging completed as usual and the door closed as usual. I vaguely remember a similar thread on this forum and something about an IR or magnetic sensor that caused a problem without that plastic piece installed. Anyone remember that thread or the issue?

Curious so yesterday I tested it with my fingernail and it easily detached. I cleaned both surfaces with alcohol and 'Krazyglued' it back on. The adhesive worked really well. The door works normally from the screen, APP, charge handle button and by pushing on the closed door.

Reactions: EValuatED