Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connecting a temporary phone in my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone is in my car and they want to play music from their phone, is there an easy way they can connect outside of bluetooth? I have done it before when they are connected to the charging USB port but can't remember how I did it. I thouhgt I just select the phone icon and I will see the connected phone. My daugher was in my Model S and did connect to the power cord but when I selected the phone icon, it gave me the options for my phone.

If someone is in my car and they want to play music from their phone, is there an easy way they can connect outside of bluetooth? I have done it before when they are connected to the charging USB port but can't remember how I did it. I thouhgt I just select the phone icon and I will see the connected phone. My daugher was in my Model S and did connect to the power cord but when I selected the phone icon, it gave me the options for my phone.
Haven't tried it with my S yet but based on past experiences I'd say it varies by phone but typically in Android I'd think you'd connect the phone and then have to go in the options on the phone to share your files before the Tesla would be able to read it and then it would show up under the USB section for music...

Upvote 0
Haven't tried it with my S yet but based on past experiences I'd say it varies by phone but typically in Android I'd think you'd connect the phone and then have to go in the options on the phone to share your files before the Tesla would be able to read it and then it would show up under the USB section for music...
I've not tried this but I can personally say that a USB drive with MP3 audio files will play through. I would think that the car would just treat the phone like an external media storage device. I don't think you can play music on your phone as an AUX device though. Mine is a 2015 P85D with MCU1.

Upvote 1