TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Please Fix the New Clock!

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by WEG8899, Oct 26, 2015.

1. WEG8899

WEG8899 Member

As much as I promoted the new v7.0 sweep-hand clock, the execution is a disappointment. It's attractive in a minimalist Georg Jensen sort of way, and the sweep hand seems accurate to the second. That's good. And I assume its accurate.

But why on earth would you put a redundant digital clock inside the dial? And what's the relevance of the temperature inside the dial -- was there no other place to put it? And why are compass points the only place to put numerals when we know all the confusion sets in between 7 and 8 (and 4-5, 1-2 and 10-11). A clock like this in a car like a Tesla needs to communicate quickly and succinctly.

My suggestion is create a display option of sweep-hand or full-digital, making the sweep-hand-only version more instantly readable, dumping the digital time display, and moving the temperature someplace else; and (for travelers) indicate the Time Zone.

For the digital version, provide a muted display of seconds, also include the Time Zone and, please-please, restore the day/date display. I really miss that.

Any other thoughts?

2. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. I happen to like it just the way it is.

3. muleferg

muleferg Member

My after market clock's
    IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3413.JPG

4. taurusking

taurusking Member

5. muleferg

muleferg Member

Yes. Evannex. I like it.

IMG_3414.JPG IMG_3415.JPG IMG_3416.JPG

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

From your mouth (or keyboard, as the case may be) to my ears!!!