Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Fix the New Clock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I promoted the new v7.0 sweep-hand clock, the execution is a disappointment. It's attractive in a minimalist Georg Jensen sort of way, and the sweep hand seems accurate to the second. That's good. And I assume its accurate.

But why on earth would you put a redundant digital clock inside the dial? And what's the relevance of the temperature inside the dial -- was there no other place to put it? And why are compass points the only place to put numerals when we know all the confusion sets in between 7 and 8 (and 4-5, 1-2 and 10-11). A clock like this in a car like a Tesla needs to communicate quickly and succinctly.

My suggestion is create a display option of sweep-hand or full-digital, making the sweep-hand-only version more instantly readable, dumping the digital time display, and moving the temperature someplace else; and (for travelers) indicate the Time Zone.

For the digital version, provide a muted display of seconds, also include the Time Zone and, please-please, restore the day/date display. I really miss that.

Any other thoughts?

My after market clock's
IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3413.JPG