Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please post Pictures of Clear Bra installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Can someone post the pictures of your car having clear bra installed on front and rear bumper?

I had some work done and the edges are visible. Lately they have been accumulating dirt around the edges.:confused:

I talked to the installer and he wanted to see pictures of other work.

So please share if you don't mind.:smile:

Thanks in advance

Ok thanks saw your pics and concerns. My purchased pre-cut front bumper paint protection kit from xpel does have seams after install on top on both sides where the top of the bumper meets the fender. It's the same as your seam appears to be maybe a mm or 2. I am ok with it as it looks great and with constant care of the body and care of the film protection applying the sealant a handful of times a year which is virtually a polish I'm hoping to manage the seam dirt on a white MS but so far so good looks great with pics I'll post tomorrow.

As for the coming up of the film in the first photos seems shoddy or the time and patience wasn't put in that good work necessitates. It should be redone by the installer for sure which is the right thing here. What type or brand is the paint protection film?

1443712921254.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG1115.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG1118.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG1123.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So with a pre-cut template bra or any pre-cut piece of film there will be a space or gap if you will. I'm fine with it as it will fully protect the bumper and lights from debris and bug tar etc.

Now if I didn't go the pre-cut route on my MS there would be no space, seams or gaps as I would make sure to hand cut the film to wrap around and under.

Which method was explained and planned out to you with your installer?

Attachments

• IMAG1121.jpg
    IMAG1121.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
Thanks guys for posting the pictures

@JMG;;; Trey's work is awesome...Nice work with no visible edges

@Brec::: Nice color (car color) and yes edges are visible but not lifted off like mine

@tmyl21:::: some pictures show edges visible but others practically visible but not lifted off like mine

I have requested my installer to look at these pictures...He is a member of the forum and will post as well ...just FYI

There was a guy that used to do a lot of high end cars here in the Dallas area. He would wrap every panel all the way around. The only way you could see the edges was if you popped the hood or crawled under the car. It was a one man shop and he was an artist with a scalpel.

There was a guy that used to do a lot of high end cars here in the Dallas area. He would wrap every panel all the way around. The only way you could see the edges was if you popped the hood or crawled under the car. It was a one man shop and he was an artist with a scalpel.

It may or may not be the same guy, but Trey did mine and he's in Addison. He all hand cut/trim the pieces and wrap every edge. Same thing, you can only see the edges if you pop the hood or look underneath the panels. But he's certainly not a one man shop anymore. He's having to hire more hands I believe because he's in such demand.