Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug below screen Model S. Anyone knows what this is ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car from service center a few weeks ago. Today I clean out my middle console I just notice a plug Ive never seen before. It's right below the screen. Can anyone tell me what this is ? Did they forget to plug back something in my car when they fix it ?
F2B691ED-1046-482B-B287-EAEFAE139D16.jpeg

F2B691ED-1046-482B-B287-EAEFAE139D16.jpeg
CC0AAED4-50B3-4E4F-BC90-2118F80468B8.jpeg
F40EB04D-6927-46B9-8A28-4A4CDCE8DCEB.jpeg

Isn't that the ethernet port? CAN bus shows up on the other connector hidden between the cubby and the MCU. Looks like you are early enough to not have a cubby though. When the remote service guys work on my car they always connect to this (the ethernet) port to do their work.

Reactions: DOCAL and akng126
Yeah I don't have a cubby. Mine is 2016 pre facelift. I bought an aftermarket cubby. I removed it to clean and saw the wire hanging out. So I just tuck it back behind and it's fine right. No need to cover or do anything else ? Thanks for the help, guys

Yep, it just tucks up out of site. In mine there are exposed sheet metal members but nothing that it clips onto or anything like that. It just goes on top of the sheet metal.

Reactions: akng126