TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Plugshare user info software upgrade

Discussion in 'North America' started by Half Dollar Bill, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

I didn't notice this posted anywhere so apologies if it's known already.

I was messing around on Plugshare, pulled up a user and noticed that there was now a picture of their car listed. I went to my contact info and discovered that there is now an option for MS and Roadster owners to list the style of their car (60/85/P) and also the color. These are all accomplished via drop-down selections and reflected in your profile picture, pretty neat.

I didn't get a notice that the additional options were being added so I have no idea how long it's been out there. But I certainly didn't mind the opportunity to update my info. Just wanted to pass the news along.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Why would you want anyone on Plugshare to know what car you drive?

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

May help to put a charging session report in some context.

4. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

I'm not a shill for Plugshare but from a personal perspective, if I need to use someone's home charger, I'd probably prefer to use one from a fellow Tesla owner. On the practical side, you certainly wouldn't want to waste a Leaf owner's time if all you had available was a HPWC. But, I assume the Leaf owner wouldn't even contact you in that instance and you'd probably ask what they were charging so maybe that's not a good example.

Identifying your car is optional on Plugshare. I do it because I'm a proud Tesla owner. I appreciate the opportunity to customize your profile with the new functionality.

5. Bugeater

Bugeater Member

I had a Leaf owner call and ask about my HPWC. They were a new owner so I was quite polite. But it does happen...

6. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

"Oh look. A Tesla plugging in at McDonald's. Cool color."