Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pod Point Installation Survey Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what to put here, I thought they run the cable from the meter to outside?

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 17.33.46.png

Example. Are they saying I would need a cable already run from meter to desired location? Or do they fit the cable from meter to desired location.
They will supply and fit the cable, but they need to check that there are no issues with where you want it to go. They want to see the proposed route of the cable.
I took a photo of the front of my house and the side where I wanted the charger to be placed. I asked if I could run the cable under the floor rather than outside and they were happy for me to do that. They sent the cable prior to the job and I ran it before the installer arrived. Otherwise they would have just run it out side.

Reactions: Swadesh
They will supply and fit the cable, but they need to check that there are no issues with where you want it to go. They want to see the proposed route of the cable.
I took a photo of the front of my house and the side where I wanted the charger to be placed. I asked if I could run the cable under the floor rather than outside and they were happy for me to do that. They sent the cable prior to the job and I ran it before the installer arrived. Otherwise they would have just run it out side.
Thanks it was confusing felt like I had to do the pre work

I recently had a Pod Point Solo installed. I believe it was right at the switch to the Solo3 so if anyone out there is thinking of Pod Point be aware the Solo3 is the newest. just be sure of what will be installed.

I do not have the car yet, but I am worried about the charger and support. It has shown intermittently a red light which is a fault according to their literature. Two weeks and still no proper support from Pod Point. Support problems due to Covid. It is funny how sales in Covid there are no issue.

@jmj196 I decided to cancel the Pod Point installation after placing order as their support seemed poor after reading TrustPilot, and I didn't want to commit to something which felt flaky.

I will be trying Bumblebeeev as their reviews and service looks good based on posts on this forum.