Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PodPoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues with getting an install date? They seem overrun with work and are coming across very unprofessional with their communications on both email and the telephone. I’m on the verge of cancelling and going to Rolec

anyone else experiencing difficulties ?

Totally off the original topic but currently writing this from a Premier Inn in Beckton as down in London for a conference. The Premier Inn has three x 3kW pod points which customers can use for free :)
Think these are being rolled out to many of the Premier Inns and helps to negate the £8 daily parking charge.

Just had my installed today, 3 week lead time.. all went smoothly.. pic attached if interested..

IMG-20191113-WA0012.jpeg

Reactions: Roy W. and Ant M3
I had to chase them a bit as they seem overloaded with work - people not returning calls etc. But I stuck with it, all installed and no problems. Very happy with end result, took just under 4 weeks from start to install.

Reactions: Ant M3
Anyone have a "non standard" installation?
My fuse board is under the stairs, I'd rather have it going through the stairs, under the boards and out the wall than have a cable going through the front room.

I know an electrician who could tidy it up after but would rather it was right first time and trying to get an idea of costs

My fuse board is under the stairs, I'd rather have it going through the stairs, under the boards and out the wall than have a cable going through the front room.

I know an electrician who could tidy it up after but would rather it was right first time and trying to get an idea of costs

When you go through the order process, they ask you for pictures of where you want the cabling. They should be able to price it up then.

• Informative
Reactions: Coly

Despite them asking for pictures of it, mine didn’t go anywhere near the fuseboard, it comes directly from the meter which is on the outside wall, about 4 metres from where the Pod-Point is.

Anyone else having issues with getting an install date? They seem overrun with work and are coming across very unprofessional with their communications on both email and the telephone. I’m on the verge of cancelling and going to Rolec

anyone else experiencing difficulties ?
I ordered one about a week before Christmas and it was installed New Years Eve. So less than 2 weeks order to install with Christmas in between. I think it is a post code lottery as they are using subcontractors to do it.

Mine was a tricky install with the meter under the stairs not on an outside wall and needed an 18 metre cable run to get to the right part of the garage. Fair play, to them they did it at the price quoted and 6 weeks on, it is working fine with no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Reactions: Roy W.