Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Do your power folding mirrors work properly?

Do your power folding mirrors work properly?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a month ago I used a small amount of AGS Automatic Garage Door Lubricant on a MS 2017 mirror that would only extend with a second manual press of the button. It continues to work without fail.

A paragraph on the can includes the words: "reduces friction and wear, helps prevent rust and corrosion, squeaking, sticking and withstands temperature extremes down to -50℉.

My P100D occasionally fails to fully extend the driver's side mirror.
Mine does that occasionally, but I found that by command folding the mirrors and the unfolding them with the driver's door push button always resets that mirror to the correct position. It appears to be a software problem and I have not yet brought this up with the Tesla SC since they are not particularly close to where I live.

About a month ago I used a small amount of AGS Automatic Garage Door Lubricant on a MS 2017 mirror that would only extend with a second manual press of the button. It continues to work without fail.

A paragraph on the can includes the words: "reduces friction and wear, helps prevent rust and corrosion, squeaking, sticking and withstands temperature extremes down to -50℉.
Perhaps I should give this a try. I had my car in for service abut 1 month ago. They told me they lubricated the mirror, but I'm still, on occasion, not getting full unfolding.

Do you think I could use this on the retractable spoiler? Man it sounds like Dracula's coffin.