Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - Investor Day Bingo

What will be mentioned on the day?

• Sodium batteries?

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • H/W 4.0?

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Bigger casting than just front or rear?

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Model 3 refresh?

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Significant robotaxi/M2 details or reveal?

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Buyback?

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Cybertruck pricing?

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • V2G?

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Significant Tesla Network details?

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Firm Gigafactory(s) location?

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Updated solar roof design?

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Executives change - new CEO/COO?

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Predictions for investor day:

• Tesla mainly says stuff we already know (via crowdsourced knowledge sharing) and they just blatantly spell it out (i.e. the ROIC on their factories, vertical integration, raw material contracts) for an institutional investor audience
  • Tesla probably talks about financial impact of TWh growth (again, stuff we already know) and that's how to think of the company
  • All this is wrapped up within Master Plan Part 3, which essentially boils down to a 2030 projection of how they'll create a bunch of TWh that will feed into their product mix
  • Potential to be extra screwed in shareprice short term if Tesla says "redistribution of TWh is more important than # of cars produced, 20 million not as important as deploying TWh in areas like Semi and Megapack" and TMCers/Stephenson/Warren all try to swoop in and spin a positive narrative to that while Wall Street says "Tesla backs off long-term 50% growth target!" (for the record I'm okay with this, but if this statement comes true in the short term it could really tank the stock)
  • .Tesla talks about generation 3 platform from manufacturing standpoint, maybe cost standpoint, but does NOT reveal a small compact car. Only talks about it in abstract levels (maybe "we can do this whenever we want") because they don't want to osbourne 3 sales
  • Yes, your standard high-level overview of Dojo, Optimus, FSD, which no institutional investors care about because they're so far away from material financial impact (and looking at the agenda, not enough time to really cover these)
  • Maybe a robotaxi reveal (which would actually be bad for share price, "omg Tesla commiting capex to a car when FSD is never gonna happen"). Maybe a van / delivery vehicle reveal? Something's gonna be revealed that they're building in Mexico.
  • And like Autonomy Day, Battery Day, AI Day 1, AI Day 2, immediate disappointment followed-up by a flurry of Youtube videos / paragraphs on why what Investor Day said was revolutionary and why everyone so stupid for missing out on the breadcrumbs!!!
Hope I'm wrong lol.

Reactions: Xepa777
roadster production timeline & release candidate?
Elon did say ideally 9 months from announcement of anything new until production/ when a customer could get one, like a human.
this was when people(analysts?) were asking for a 'robotaxi' or new vehicle announcement (begging of last year I think?)
I believe they have been adding tooling for more than just a CT line. roadster or one of the unseen designs Franz has alluded to