Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Let's build the Redwood Compact Crossover

What features will Redwood have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Background:
Project Redwood (Compact Crossover)

Poll: let's build the Robotaxi

Unlimited votes.
Closes in a week.
Public.
No peeking.

Please don't reply and advise your vote intention.
good idea, maybe add

heated steering
heated seats, front
heated seats, rear
basic stereo only
confirm EAP and FSD capable <feel this has to be a yes or what is the point
wireless phone charging < BYDs Seagull has this, has to be a yes
hatch

maybe others have more item ideas

So this has closed now. It would be good to understand the results better because I'm surprised.

No paint. I covered this here - similar percentage. Redwood could be painted and Robotaxi not. Who knows.

5 seats. Is 4 seats the main alternative? Maybe for USA but I would expect 5 seats elsewhere.

Surprised that so many think no frunk but would help reducing length.

Not many thought that the steering wheel would be removable. Drive by wire would make this very easy if it is designed in. Tesla might see it as a feature.

Not many thought that the steering wheel would be removable. Drive by wire would make this very easy if it is designed in. Tesla might see it as a feature.
There's no real reason to make the wheel removable. This isn't the robotaxi, it's the low cost car, which most aren't going to purchase ADAS. Also, completely driverless is not even in the picture for Tesla at this point. Maybe at the end of 2025/beginning of 2026 when this is launching, we will be closer, but we are still hoping V12 resolves issues to be a competent level 2 ADAS, not level 4/5.