Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - uglY - fuglY - sexY

Is the MY

• Ugly As...

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Sexy

Votes: 93 40.1%
  • Fugly

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • Average

Votes: 64 27.6%
  • Sexier than my husband

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Sexier than my wife

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y was initially going to be on a total new car, but Musk backed away from it because of how the Model 3 ramp up did. Which makes sense from a company's profitability/survivability stand point. However it does make the car ugly and not really intended for what it was. The model 3 was build for this platform, and the model Y is just a raised model 3 with a hatch. All in honestly, I would've loved to see Tesla do the reverse and build the Model Y on it own platform and then shrink/take away stuff from the car to make the Model 3. It would've make the model Y look better and probably get more customers right away in the US. Though, I suspect the at that point model 3 would probably not be necessary in USA because of our addiction to SUVs.

Ugly? Ugly is in the eyes of the beholder. I think most of the SUVs on the road are ugly. Lines going all over the place and not the least bit graceful. They're really trucks gussied up.