Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : What is your disengagement rate with FSD Beta ?

What is your estimated disengagement rate with FSD Beta ?

• > 1 per mile

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • 1 every 1 to 5 per miles

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • 1 every 6 to 10 per miles

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 1 every 11 to 20 per miles

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 1 every 21 to 50 per miles

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 1 every 51 to 100 per miles

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 1 every > 100 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's weekend 50mi routine had a system forced disengagement from main camera blinded by the sun although I believe previous FSD Beta versions show a "blinded" message instead of the big red "take over immediately." Last week this route had a a convenience disengagement to prevent it from incorrectly getting into a right-turn only lane for a parking lot, but today it did fine as there was no lead vehicle blocking view of the desired intersection, so theoretically the neural network can make the correct prediction even when occluded.

Looking at the whole week's usual trips, I'm averaging around 30 miles for each convenience disengagement. I do see a lot more safety related issues when intentionally testing with difficult routes though.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Yes. Fresh poll (things have "changed").

Repeat what you don't want included. You mentioned interventions like pressing the accelerator or changing speed limit. Maybe you have other things to add?

Would coming to almost a complete stop triggered by an approaching car count as an intervention if you let it painfully play out (i.e. no intervention but not acceptable)? Would accelerating to break the hard deceleration count? I can understand not counting acceleration to get through turns or stops.

I think it could also help to know how heavily people are curating their drives to avoid disengagements and only use FSD where it is likely to be successful (what Twiglett is doing - me too).

Number of disengements is one metric that can be open to interpretation.

Last edited:
Since you last posted we were on 10.10.2? We’ve only moved up 1 dot version since then. Imo nothing much has changed. 10.11.2 is marginally better and worse in certain instances but I’d probably say disengagement rate is about the same

Here is 2021 data from California

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 6.40.46 PM.png

Reactions: momo3605