Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor audible alert in reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
When I have backed out of a driveway with any other car that has a backup camera etc, the warning beeps scare you into reflexes putting your foot on the brake.
Tesla model Y is horrendous and you barely hear it. I backed into a car in my own driveway slightly off to the side. A friend of mine just backed into a fire hydrant.
When you approach too close in the front of the model Y , car gives you an excellent alert.
It should be exactly same warning sound when a person ,object or any other thing is picked up when car is in Reverse.
It's a terrible flaw and frankly the only complaint I have about my model Y.
Otherwise it's the best car we ever owned.
Anyone else feel the same way?

I wonder why our two situations are different, which is why I was curious to know if there's a setting for that which you could adjust to make it louder.
There’s no volume setting for Park Assist, the chimes are either on or off (both front and back). @Bruce Bieber, if you have Joe Mode enabled, try turning it off and see if it makes any difference.

Reactions: Pianewman
Upvote 0
Weird, I have Joe Mode on but get warnings.

I have USS so that might be a difference.

I also suspect there is another warning chime setting for when I'm getting too close to things. I'm pretty sure I saw that when looking for something else because I paused and decided to leave it enabled. Can't remember where it was, though.

I park in an underground garage and it is a tricky/tight turn to exit so my car is noisy when I'm leaving the garage (it is not always happy on the way up the outside ramp, either) but I decided to leave those warnings on because I find they remind me to at least glance down at the screen to see the measurements and alert me if I've mis-aligned myself for the tight turn. Plus I like them in regular parking lots. I dislike them in winter because they will occasionally alarm due to snow banks when I'm in turn lanes (but only when going below a certain speed, above that speed it draws the lines but nothing is audible.)

Upvote 0