Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor experience with buying from www.teslaacessories.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into a bad experience with an online Company and thought it would be good for us to have a place to share good and bad experiences and help each other avoid bad service and online scams.

The company is https://www.teslaacessories.com/ They sent me a defective product, a steering magnet. When I told them, they said its my fault for signing for the package. I dont know about you, but who opens a package while making the driver wait. Signing a package in the US just means you got it, not that its contents are intact. Funny thing the package was delivered into my mailbox. Lastly and this was not the main problem because the magnet was broken, but on the second advertising page they indicate the magnet is only for model y until 2022. I have a 2023. They failed to place that very important piece of information on the main purchase page. I think they count on some people making mistaken purchases.

How they handle problems is whats upsetting. Blamed me for the broken part, and for signing the package that was delivered into my mailbox(no signature). Eventually after rude emails told me sure they will refund me if I return the package to China. So here is the scam. They know shipping will cost too much to actually make sense to return the package...and most people will not return it and get stuck with a bad product...The company keeps your money.

Live and learn..but I wish I had read about this somewhere before making the purchase. Gonna stick with Amazon or a reputable US company next time.

always pay with Paypal if that's an option for any online shopping outside North America.

Just looked them up and checked their return policy. They get you either way. If you do return and pay for the shipping, they charge refused/return to sender fee. WTH... Thanks for pointing them out. As I was looking to order some and I had come across their site as well.
1676662013711.png

Reactions: zpaul and RedY23
always pay with Paypal if that's an option for any online shopping outside North America.

Just looked them up and checked their return policy. They get you either way. If you do return and pay for the shipping, they charge refused/return to sender fee. WTH... Thanks for pointing them out. As I was looking to order some and I had come across their site as well.
View attachment 908355
Their products look pretty and high end on the site… but this is what you get in the mail. They now said they will send me a new one if I pay for shipping. Yes because I want to pay shipping twice for a broken product.
Its missing a magnet. And was scratched

Attachments

• 3140AE20-C58F-4450-AC59-FADF4FF81560.jpeg
    3140AE20-C58F-4450-AC59-FADF4FF81560.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 64
  • 78132372-CB03-4988-A10B-0C7A692CB8B5.jpeg
    78132372-CB03-4988-A10B-0C7A692CB8B5.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 61
Paypal is a pain in the a$$ to deal with. I thought I was covered on a purchase using Paypal and they would not refund my money. The seller said they were in LA, but infact China. Paypal just kept saying to wait for delivery because the seller said it had shipped, but could not show a tracking number. Finally I contacted my bank tha Paypal gets the funds from and they reversed the charge. Paypal then tried to charge me a fee and the bank declined the fee. I soon closed my Paypal account. Never did get the item.

Reactions: zpaul
Paypal is a pain in the a$$ to deal with. I thought I was covered on a purchase using Paypal and they would not refund my money. The seller said they were in LA, but infact China. Paypal just kept saying to wait for delivery because the seller said it had shipped, but could not show a tracking number. Finally I contacted my bank tha Paypal gets the funds from and they reversed the charge. Paypal then tried to charge me a fee and the bank declined the fee. I soon closed my Paypal account. Never did get the item.
Wow, usually paypal holds money until the item is received by the buyer and then release.

Agreed. I was hosed by NY seller, delivered used product I got RMA and returned it. These guys were dragging their feet claiming it takes 2 weeks to process refund. But what they were actually doing is pushing me over 30 days so I can’t dispute with PayPal and that is exactly what PayPal told me that my window for dispute closed .
Glad I paid with Amex, it was squared up immediately. So from that point all questionable sellers get paid by Amex.