Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Popping Noise Followed By Center Display Reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has happened twice to me now. I would get into my car, put my foot on the brake, then instead of the ding ding sound I would hear repeated popping, followed by the screen going black and rebooting. During this time the car is actually drive-able. Eventually the screen comes back and sound/audio eventually works.

I did observe two drives before (in the past 3 hrs) this that voice control didn't work (I would press but it wouldn't hear anything I said); not sure if it has anything to do with it.

I would add that I don't hear that ding ding sound all the time (I'm unsure of the conditions for it to activate or not).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? This is making me hesitate a little to get my front window tinted as I don't want to be blamed for any future issues that may come up, even if the installer actually was careful enough.

I wonder if this has anything to do with this, which I have also experienced: Crackling noise

Current version is 2018.34.1 3dd3072