Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche N-spec winter tires 21" on Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to find 295/30/21 and 265/30/21 winter tires for my Plaid, but I can only find rear tires with NA0 spec which is Porsche specific. I wonder if this tire will fit my Plaid and why is manufacturer using this specification exactly. Thank you!

Best winter tires are Michelin Alpin, Bridgestone Blizzak, Continental ContiWinterContact, and Pirelli Winter Snowcontol
Porsche tires will fit but are designed by Michelin and Porsche engineers for Porsche, so the compound.

I have those tires currently on and they fit fine, no issues. I decided to go a little wider with 305/30/21. 2k miles on them so far so good.
The variance in tolerances tire manufactures have to follow when making a given tire size is substantial. Brand X’s 275 can be as wide as Brand Y’s 305! To make matters worse there is no industry standard to establish how to measure tire tread widths.

You can look up the “Specs” sheet for any tire on www.TireRack.com and see the rim width range (you don't want it to stretch or compress too much), and the measured tread width! Compare this to OEM.

Steps and example of how to do so:
1) Go to any tire page, eg. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...ro+3&partnum=445VR9SZ3XLV4&vehicleSearch=true
2) Click "Specs"
3) Then "Show more"
4) You will see the following - look at tread width and compare to your OEM tire. Can also compare rim width.

If you want to be thorough, compare the tread width to OEM. It's a much more accurate way to determine the appropriate size and whether the tire may stretch on your rim than gauging by the tire manufacturers width number.