Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portable car vacuum for cleaning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I'm a newbie - I was looking for a portable Car vacuum for my Tesla 3, that I got and love btw recently in October. Anyway I stumbled across a company using the Tesla logo on its vacuum and almost bought it on Amazon until I read the customer comments/reviews. Sounds like it's false advertising. I am not aware of any authorized Tesla car vacuums.

Can anyone recommend a portable car vacuum they use for their Tesla 3? Greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-095052.png
    Screenshot_20220102-095052.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Funny
Reactions: Adam3 and lUtriaNt
I use a M12 Milwaukee Vacuum that I leave in my sub trunk
I’m also going with a portable power tool vacuum, in my case DeWalt. I also keep their tire inflator in the car and a spare battery. I mean to keep the impact wrench as well with the lug nut socket, a tire puncture repair kit and a 12v battery charger so I can charge in the car rather than having to remember to swap batteries in the garage. I should probably add one of the small flashlight attachments, since I have all the other gear to fix a tire in the dark. And if you’re going for the road-trip crown, add the Porsche aluminum jack that has the Tesla mount point and the ratchet drive mod.

Last edited:

I have such jack, but honestly you need two jacks to raise a Tesla Model 3.
I use first this small aluminium jack a the front point to start lifting the car.
Then, when there is enough clearance, I can then put a 2-ton scisor jack to the rear point.
And then alternatively, I lift a little bit the car with the front jack and then with the rear jack until the wheels are above ground.

I can tell you from experience that it almost impossible to lift a Tesla with a single jack, unless you have superhuman strength.
Note: You need to be very careful when using those type of jacks, because they have a tendency the arch in one direction,
because when lifting a car on one side, the suspension on the other side get compressed and the whole car body is rotating.

If you lift a car with a scissor jack you might need to re-adjust the jack position on the floor when the jack starts to arch.
This is why it is much safer to use two jacks. When you use a floor jack, you don't have this problem becase a floor jack has wheels,
so the floor jack can reposition itself correctly when lifting the car.

Reactions: Krash