Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Portable car vacuum for cleaning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I'm a newbie - I was looking for a portable Car vacuum for my Tesla 3, that I got and love btw recently in October. Anyway I stumbled across a company using the Tesla logo on its vacuum and almost bought it on Amazon until I read the customer comments/reviews. Sounds like it's false advertising. I am not aware of any authorized Tesla car vacuums.

Can anyone recommend a portable car vacuum they use for their Tesla 3? Greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-095052.png
    Screenshot_20220102-095052.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Funny
Reactions: Adam3 and lUtriaNt
I use a M12 Milwaukee Vacuum that I leave in my sub trunk
I’m also going with a portable power tool vacuum, in my case DeWalt. I also keep their tire inflator in the car and a spare battery. I mean to keep the impact wrench as well with the lug nut socket, a tire puncture repair kit and a 12v battery charger so I can charge in the car rather than having to remember to swap batteries in the garage. I should probably add one of the small flashlight attachments, since I have all the other gear to fix a tire in the dark. And if you’re going for the road-trip crown, add the Porsche aluminum jack that has the Tesla mount point and the ratchet drive mod.

Last edited:

I have such jack, but honestly you need two jacks to raise a Tesla Model 3.
I use first this small aluminium jack a the front point to start lifting the car.
Then, when there is enough clearance, I can then put a 2-ton scisor jack to the rear point.
And then alternatively, I lift a little bit the car with the front jack and then with the rear jack until the wheels are above ground.

I can tell you from experience that it almost impossible to lift a Tesla with a single jack, unless you have superhuman strength.
Note: You need to be very careful when using those type of jacks, because they have a tendency the arch in one direction,
because when lifting a car on one side, the suspension on the other side get compressed and the whole car body is rotating.

If you lift a car with a scissor jack you might need to re-adjust the jack position on the floor when the jack starts to arch.
This is why it is much safer to use two jacks. When you use a floor jack, you don't have this problem becase a floor jack has wheels,
so the floor jack can reposition itself correctly when lifting the car.

Reactions: Krash