Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible failed MCU- AC won’t shut off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My main screen is black and the scroll wheels will not control any of the functions. The car drives and charges and I am waiting for a service appointment (2 weeks). Problem is that the AC is on and I can’t shut it off. It is set to 66 degrees and has been running nonstop for 36 hours. Any suggestions on how to get it to turn off? I tried both soft and hard reboots without any luck. The app won’t control the vehicle any longer. I am sure it is not good to run the AC constantly.

Yes you can just pull the hv power loop and pull the 12v battery terminal so that the car has no power.

I assume you've done a reboot attempt.holding both scroll wheels for 30 seconds?

Yes you can just pull the hv power loop and pull the 12v battery terminal so that the car has no power.

I assume you've done a reboot attempt.holding both scroll wheels for 30 seconds?
Yes- I have tried the hard reboot several times, not sure I did a 30 second hold, though. In the past it reset after about 10 seconds. I’ll try holding it longer to see if that works.