TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Possible failed MCU- AC won’t shut off

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Shadious, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Shadious

Shadious Member

My main screen is black and the scroll wheels will not control any of the functions. The car drives and charges and I am waiting for a service appointment (2 weeks). Problem is that the AC is on and I can’t shut it off. It is set to 66 degrees and has been running nonstop for 36 hours. Any suggestions on how to get it to turn off? I tried both soft and hard reboots without any luck. The app won’t control the vehicle any longer. I am sure it is not good to run the AC constantly.

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Let your battery die.

Or, just show up at the service center. They’ll usually get you in for things like this.

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Pull the fuse? And for what its worth to you, I know of someone else that's going thru the same right now.

4. kdday

kdday Active Member

Yes you can just pull the hv power loop and pull the 12v battery terminal so that the car has no power.

I assume you've done a reboot attempt.holding both scroll wheels for 30 seconds?

5. Shadious

Shadious Member

Thanks- good advice on the service center. I am not super thrilled to have to drive 45 minutes with the car in its current state...

6. Shadious

Shadious Member

Yes- I have tried the hard reboot several times, not sure I did a 30 second hold, though. In the past it reset after about 10 seconds. I’ll try holding it longer to see if that works.

7. Shadious

Shadious Member

I was thinking that might be the only option. It’s a bummer for sure, crappy design. I knew it would eventually fail, but was hoping to swap for MCU2 if it actually be some a reality.

8. Shadious

Shadious Member

I am fairly new to the car, where would I find the HV power loop?