Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to pickup MY earlier by driving to the delivery center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We called the sales associate and they said the car would arrive on 4/17 but when we scheduled the pickup, the earliest was 4/21. We wanted to make sure we could still get the 7500 tax credit without having to see if the standard MY qualifies under the new rules so we were hoping to get the car before the 18th.

Questions is, has anyone driven to the delivery center to pickup their vehicle even if their pickup day was scheduled to a later day?

We called the sales associate and they said the car would arrive on 4/17 but when we scheduled the pickup, the earliest was 4/21. We wanted to make sure we could still get the 7500 tax credit without having to see if the standard MY qualifies under the new rules so we were hoping to get the car before the 18th.

Questions is, has anyone driven to the delivery center to pickup their vehicle even if their pickup day was scheduled to a later day?

That isnt going to work. You can try to get them to push up the delivery, but just showing up and saying "can I have it now?" is going to be "No, sorry its not ready yet and we have appointments booked for XXXXX"

You can ask them to move you up if they can, but dont just show up there and expect anything but frustration, and "no".

Upvote 0
That isnt going to work. You can try to get them to push up the delivery, but just showing up and saying "can I have it now?" is going to be "No, sorry its not ready yet and we have appointments booked for XXXXX"

You can ask them to move you up if they can, but dont just show up there and expect anything but frustration, and "no".
+1 to this. My MYP was scheduled for home delivery last Monday but I reached out via the delivery text and asked if I could pick it up sooner at the delivery center instead. The vehicle had just arrived and I was able to pick it up the Friday before it’s originally scheduled date. I def wouldn’t just show up but it never hurts to ask if a quicker delivery was possible.

Upvote 0