Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Brexit Price Increase Due 1st October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to Heathrow, seems that they don't have enough demonstrators so they have taken all the showroom cards off sale (apart from 2 Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla UK).

Apparently they need the demonstrators for test drives.

Not sure about this, they have always had enough stock available previously for test drives and ex showroom stock. I wonder if the same cars will suddenly become available 1st Oct at the higher UK prices.

I think the sales push is more in N America linked to their reporting of Q3 sales, I am not sure how important export sales are to the NYSE/NASDAQ etc in comparison to N American sales.

This is curious. Now only 1 x Inventory car and the prices for those and CPO are way above US for similar cars/spec?

All the white 60 base models were taken down, and US is getting flooded with them for Q3 numbers.

https://ev-cpo.com
Tesla Inventory Search

The two sites seem to be behind the Tesla UK site regarding cars so the latest cars seem to be only through the Tesla site, unless showrooms are keeping inventory back for the October price increase

I also noted all 75s were only about £1000-1500 more than 60s before they pulled them all.

Current US deals see a S75D, Pano, AP, NGS, Black in USA inventory sold for $72,500 = £55K, the US is now a Q3 numbers fire sale on Tesla especially 75s and base 60s but the UK are all pulled and get a price increase. The gap is so wide now to US pricing for inventory, new and used, a pricing policy this puts another nail in I fear.

A $99K 75D fully optioned has been bought for $6000 down and $635 per month, 24month/10Kmiles. The cars seem to be flying out the door at massive discounts, loans are at 1.78%, surely we cannot compete at these prices, shame :-(

See GMs UK Vauxhall brand has said a 2.5% increase on their cars after Brexit.

Some have mentioned that they have been told to expect 3-6% rises and that it won't be in play until Monday, if you see online this morning the prices haven't been applied?

If it is 3% and it's not being applied until Monday - and it also has been said that any orders placed over the weekend will get the old/current pricing.

But right up until last night though sales was saying up to 15% and would apply overnight last night, so was the UK wide email sent out, hard on Oct 01st?

Tesla certainly do things "differently" alright :)

The party line for UK inventory is it all sold, must admit it all seemed to go overnight almost, so also wondering if some base 60 in white were pulled to then be inventory v the new price increase.

My guess is also a UK lease deal is pending along the 2 year US deal (low deposit, reasonable monthly on 24months/10K miles) as our M3 deliveries will be 2019 and in 2017 it would be the same 2 year gap for that deal to get M3 deposit holders into an S early.

Only a guess, and surely we are due our own quarterly fire sale at some point soon :)

If I'm being honest, so far tesla has offered a rather below par customer service, I have found Merc and BMW have been a lot better and I have never spent more than £35k at either of the two not £70k like tesla... The supposed up to 15% price increase when only 3% is the tip of the iceberg- unhappy doesn't even cover it

I am not sure what the end of Q3 sales figures are but it seems that the major sales push was in US because all the inventory stock was pulled overnight during second week of Sept. I am sure this was not all sold (even though that is what all they are saying), my guess is that the stock will reappear in October either at the same price and so looking good value against the higher new prices or they will be higher priced than they were previously taking into account the price increase.

We be interested to see what happens in December i.e. end of Q4!

Still no price change on the tesla website

Same thing when I bought mine. I wanted max possible lead time, but pre-increase price. Salesman confirmed that it was normal for web-site update, and paperwork, and "other more important things" to delay a formal price increase, and he was able to tell me it was another 7 days (might have been 14, I have forgotten) so I cancelled my order and placed a new one the day before the actual price increase. There was an additional price increase during my lead time, so I did quite well out of it, as it turned out.

I got caught between the July 31st-August 01st price change, and thought I had held PCP (quoted from Tesla), the car and all figures, placed deposit and so on.
Needless to say nothing was honoured at all, all information given was retracted and in the end I just got my deposit back, and even then that was a bit of a fight saying I had lost it all.
I did zero wrong but due to the dithering, lack of info, no customer service and a myriad of other daft issue I lost the car.

Now looking at used Model S and seeing if the prices shift to normal levels for UK used as right now I feel they are too high/inflated.

Just adding to the list of disenchanted and pretty poorly treated Tesla deposit customers who lost their choice of car (colour, discount etc)

By the way the people were really friendly, staff, when you finally get one who knows what is going on, are/were excellent as people and very polite, but the actual dealing with anything useful was pretty poor for me.

Now looking at used Model S and seeing if the prices shift to normal levels for UK used as right now I feel they are too high/inflated.

Similar situation to you. I need a new or non registered car (demonstrator) to put through the business, but waiting to see what happens with the price increase. I was hoping to get a deal with a showroom model but they all got pulled from the UK showrooms

Similar situation to you. I need a new or non registered car (demonstrator) to put through the business, but waiting to see what happens with the price increase. I was hoping to get a deal with a showroom model but they all got pulled from the UK showrooms

Yes not sure if inventory was pulled to re-release for the increased price coming this week.

I'm probably looking for used, either UK CPO or private or non-Tesla trade, but just can't see why the used UK pricing appears so high?

Some inventory may hit us this next qtr up to Dec 2016, hopefully with good discounts to entice us into them.

I wonder if Tesla can see that a lot of their potential UK customers are right on the bubble for new at £53K and pushing their normal budget for a £35K car to accommodate their cars at much higher in price?

Same here no change. I'm sure it is only a few of us checking but what if you bought one today at these 'old' prices, would the usual Tesla teflon kick in and it wouldn't be honoured?
Why do Tesla mess their customers around so much, it is not one big matter as such but just dozens of little annoying things that all add up over time, and it is time and time again.
Their staff must be just fed up with customers phoning going WTF, I paid before Oct 01st as you said etc etc but look, nothing.

They really are an infuriating lot :)