Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Brexit Price Increase Due 1st October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wondered if it was a single fleet purchase - Hire or Taxi company, for example.

Yes good shout, seen a post from a hire firm who have 6 x new Model S in their fleet, so that would make sense if one or two Companies have gone full EV for their fleets/business model.

Email I got this morning has indicated just how busy it has been, flat out with orders and so forth, implying some kind of Tesla massive sales boost (can't help too busy dealing with orders), it just does't fit unless perhaps as mentioned it is Corporate/Business multiple sales in large numbers. Fair enough.

Same info today that the influx of orders has meant that end of business today is when the price increase will happen.

So all these extra cars were sold based on this October increase alone. No deals or Q3 sale just regular pricing so I too am a little sceptical as to what changed buyers minds to suddenly go crazy and order all these cars based on the same price as online with no deals, just feels an odd one.
All that was done to encourage these huge extra UK sales is that Tesal announce they are going to increase the base price this October, is that really enough for everyone to suddenly go ahead and buy at the same price it was for months?
Q3 fire sale yes it makes sense, this though is a bit puzzling, to me.
I'm going to wait and see what Q4 brings in.
I wasn't going to order for another two months but got an email in regard to the price increase so put my order in within a week of the email. For people like me it makes sense to put the order in earlier I would say

I wasn't going to order for another two months but got an email in regard to the price increase so put my order in within a week of the email. For people like me it makes sense to put the order in earlier I would say

Which is fair and right of course, I would do the same in the same position, but judging by the amount of sales that would be a lot of customers hanging in the background then pushing the button on an unknown price increase, maybe so but feels slightly odd, but never say never. Good luck on the purchase though :)

Had a chat with Tesla Heathrow and they are saying 3% increase will happen tonight. Less than I thought considering the currency swing.

Yes heard this quite a bit now the 3% increase, if the PCP shifts down to say 3-4% (unlikely) that gets offset overall. Be interesting to see the final pricing and what new inventory and CPO used may come to market too.

I was looking at the 60D 5 seat configuration, glad i ordered before the price increase as this has saved me over 5K and hopefully I may of bagged free air suspension.........!
I wonder if the 5 seat configuration issue that has been dragging on is linked to the air suspension, hence why it is now included..??

No surprise with the price increase although at the beginning of September I was told by a person in the showroom that it would be about 15% - I guess they were just trying to make me commit to a purchase.

Interestingly, still no inventory stock available, but there have been 31 CPO (used) MS available for the best part of 2 weeks now, not one sold.

No surprise with the price increase although at the beginning of September I was told by a person in the showroom that it would be about 15% - I guess they were just trying to make me commit to a purchase.

Interestingly, still no inventory stock available, but there have been 31 CPO (used) MS available for the best part of 2 weeks now, not one sold.

I'm doing the same and tracking used and inventory Tesla online, via the 3rd party sites also. I have noticed only 1 sale as it was a used Model S I was interested in, a 90D for £60K with only AP added and 8K miles, this went overnight last night.