Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Brexit Price Increase Due 1st October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaInventory.com just enabled the ability to view inactive/historical listings. Just click the Inactive Listings button after logging in.
Inactive_Listings_button.png

For the active listings, you can see that the prices of the CPOs didn't changed at all over the past week.

When looking at the inactive listings, you can see all the great deals that were being offered on inventory cars last month. I'm sure a bunch of them sold but if they do show back up, you can easily see the price history graph to see if the deals got any better or worse.

Inactive_Listings.png

Yes a few new UK used CPO models from a 2014 60 (no AP version) to 2016 85D etc. Pricing has come down a little it appears on these used models but not quite down to US used pricing levels
One thing I noticed about the GB market is that they aren't adjusting the price on the CPOs as miles are added to the odometer. In the US, it seems they have an automatic price adjustment whenever miles are put on the CPOs/inventory models. Currently, I don't see any price adjustments in the price history for those 47 CPOs in GB. Perhaps it's not an automatic price adjustment after all and they just don't have an employee assigned to that task in GB?

Here's just one example. Over 200 miles added over the past month but the price hasn't changed at all.
No_price_change.png

4 more used added today on UK CPO site. About 15-20 used in last few days, must be the trade-ins for new and inventory for the October increase.
Prices do feel a little inflated, but I guess we could include the warranty on CPO plus PCP can be quoted on these used Models it seems.

It is interesting to see that the inventory cars all 'sold' yet the CPO cars are not selling, it was 31 since about middle of September and this week it has increased further.

I am not trying to read too much into this but just don't understand why the inventory cars would sell so quick, yet the CPO ones seem to be sticking in comparison.

Just had a chat with a UK dealer today in person to discuss their used cars, and with the used inventory, on PCP, they have such a low MGFV through the lender that the monthly costs are in some cases more than buying new, where the MGFV/residual is much much more.

If buying cash or HP a used can make sense, on PCP (essentially a rental) it makes little or no sense at all.

This could be a factor?

One other thing to note if purchasing through a company only inventory qualify for 100% tax relief used cars don't .
It is for this reason that I am looking for inventory car.

My only observation was that overnight all UK inventory cars were sold (near 2nd week of Sept) and they have not put any back on sale (or had any new ones to put on sale). This is quite unusual since almost every country in Europe still has inventory cars available.

Also if the cars were selling as fast as the dealers were telling me, I would have assumed there would also be a take up of the CPO cars but these seem to be very slow in terms of ales and in fact the CPO car count is growing.

Just doesn't quite add up IMO

Reactions: IMF2000
But as you say the main reason in the UK for for me, a standard company-car petrol-head, buying a Tesla is tax which new cars benefit most from.

If I am a private buyer then the cost of a second hand Tesla is still up there with plenty of more exotic machinery.

the main reason in the UK for for me, a standard company-car petrol-head, buying a Tesla is tax

Me too, but I figure that charging at Off-Peak can save £100 per month for every 10,000 miles driven p.a. For a high mileage driver that may be enough, added onto the monthly premium, to make a Model S look attractive against much much smaller and more boring vehicles, let alone other "exotic machinery" :)

https://ev-cpo.com

EV CPO list for HK/EU/UK Inventory has gone from 13 cars to 547 during last night, quite a jump. Most list as 50 miles.

Great Britain has 45 inventory listed on this list they are still not on Tesla UK main site as yet.

Good call Dan.

Right, I am expecting the announcement soon to be about AP 2.0 hardware, or some other upgrade that I've not considered.

Plan is to get a tesla registered before April 2017 to avoid new VED but also benefit from latest tesla features (offset the price rises)

I am looking at a 60D with AP (maybe 2.0 is announced tomorrow) that is all I need really (no NG seats or PUP) and wait for Q4 end in case the odd car comes online with better discounts than these ones, you never know.
Used feels artificially too high for now so looking new/inventory at end of Q4, unless something comes up to grab quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: cheshire cat
I'm not expecting much movement on these inventory cars. Looks like new shipment into the docks but not allocated to regional distribution centres yet.

Can't quite seem to build the combination that is like, very few in the 60 range.