Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Service Center Visit - No LTE Data. Any DIY fix possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S (Dec-2014 Build) w/ MCU2 Upgrade & Lifetime Premium Connectivity

So, it's been a bit of a headache ever since I had to have my Top Glass/Hatch replaced at a SC. What followed then was the Rear Door popping open which a mobile tech came out and proceeded to fry my front harness killing the entire Drivers Side power (handles, windows, etc) and 2+ weeks in the SC to get it all resolved (rear handle was shorting out apparently).

So now, ever since I picked it up, I've had no LTE data. Wifi works properly, but LTE does not. I've rebooted several times, cleared cache and even done a factory reset and no luck.

I have just scheduled a mobile service visit, but they may ask me to drop it off at a SC which requires a 2 hr drive and already had me losing a full day waiting on a previous repair. I'm hoping it's just like a loose antenna or something like that.

Has anyone had anything like this and had a solution? They better not tell me I need a new MCU or something like that and expect me to pay out of pocket!

Maybe it has an old LTE unit that only goes to 3G and not 4G. Most all 3G networks were turned off this year. Tesla should be able to see this remotely. Also, you can see it by pressing More Information on the Software Update screen to see if it has a 4G module.

As @kirkhilles has MCU2 retrofit, it will have LTE. I'd suspect the antenna didn't get connected properly to MCU2 although a small chance the LTE is broken in the new MCU2 (never heard of this happening). It's difficult to get behind MCU2 to check and/or push the antenna connector in. I suspect Mobile service will not be able to do this and you'll need a service center visit.