Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post Something You Love About Your Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Some guys have said that TMC has been overly negative lately. And in a way, I can kinda see their points; people are more likely to post about a problem that they're having rather than putting up a post saying, "Everything's good! Just another day of loving my car!"

So to help brighten the day a bit, post something you love about your car!

I'll start, but it's gonna be a controversial one, and I hope it doesn't immediately send the thread off into the bushes. But with the disclaimer out of the way, here it is: I love v10. Hang on there, I can hear the keyboards heating up already! Yeah, it is far from perfect, but for me, it was a large step forward from v9.

Oh, and I gotta add... I love waking up every morning to a full tank of gas, paid for at the rate of $0.06kW/h! :D

The list of characteristics I love about my Model 3 is lengthy. The list of things that I don’t like is less than the number of fingers on one hand. The car has improved significantly since I purchased it 14 months ago, and will continue to improve, all at no cost to me. And the Supercharger network will continue to expand.

Of course it is fine for people to post complaints and about problems they are experiencing. No car is perfect, and not car company is perfect.

But the positives of owning a Tesla massively outweigh the negatives.

I may be in the minority on this, but I enjoy watching the Autopilot behavioral changes with each release. It looks, to my observations, that the neural network has been gradually given more authority and freedom to act over time, as opposed to being restricted by hard-and-fast coding. For example, prior to v10, straying from the center of the lane was a cardinal sin to be corrected immediately, whereas now the centering seems a bit more "floaty" and less tied to the center.

If anyone has a different take on this I'd be interested in hearing it, but it seems like a long-term project of "unshackling" the NN as it proves itself capable of handling situations better than traditional software logic.

There's no need to wait in line at Costco for gas!

Oh, and this. I really didn't realize how much time I spent sitting in line at Costco just to get gas 10 cents/gallon cheaper than elsewhere until I started timing it and realizing that my free time really wasn't worth $3/hour. Free time should be much more valuable than that for everyone. EVs are the natural progression of this logic.

Some guys have said that TMC has been overly negative lately. And in a way, I can kinda see their points; people are more likely to post about a problem that they're having rather than putting up a post saying, "Everything's good! Just another day of loving my car!"

So to help brighten the day a bit, post something you love about your car!

I'll start, but it's gonna be a controversial one, and I hope it doesn't immediately send the thread off into the bushes. But with the disclaimer out of the way, here it is: I love v10. Hang on there, I can hear the keyboards heating up already! Yeah, it is far from perfect, but for me, it was a large step forward from v9.

Oh, and I gotta add... I love waking up every morning to a full tank of gas, paid for at the rate of $0.06kW/h! :D

Post Something You Love About Your Tesla!

OK.....( I know its strange but.... ) I can run the air conditioner / heat in the garage with the garage door closed.

I finally have a heated garage - WITH a TV ( Netflix, YouTube, Hulu ).

I didn't have to run a gas line for heat or cable for the TV.

Its all in my model 3.

Besides all the obvious ones (not having to buy gas, having full "tank" every day, smooth/fast acceleration, crazy fun to drive, etc), I really like the clean minimalist interior. Most other cars feel like a hot mess now with a dozen or more buttons and switches all over the place, tiny screens, not to mention the huge ugly Vents!