Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential for damage during PPF installation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my white MY LR on Nov 16 and have scheduled front-end PPF (XPEL) installation for the 17th. The shop is really well known and reputable but when we were going over the process of the installation he said Tesla's, and especially the Model Y, have been know to have paint issues and it is possible some paint on the front bumper could "pull off" during installation of the PPF. He asked if Tesla would cover that if it happened (I doubt it). Should I be concerned of this actually happening? Done a fair bit of research and haven't come across anything.

I’ve read in one of the other Tesla threads that the paint should not be covered with ppf for about 1-2 weeks after build date to allow the paint time to harden/dry. You don’t mention your build date but if you are receiving it fresh from the factory, you may want to consider waiting a week or so before covering it. I haven’t received delivery of my MY yet however I will be following the 1-2 week wait time myself as well just to be safe.