Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder coating brake calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were they actually going to powder coat the calipers? Typically they just paint them red. It would be nice if they could even paint the "Tesla" in white or black to contrast. A guy on craigslist wanted $200 to do all of them. I don't think he's powder coating, just painting. This could be the same. That would look sweet though. I've always wanted that.

http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/BRK/BRE-STICK.html

Also check out this thread on powder coating the calibers it looks great http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...g-of-brake-calipers-good-riddance-to-G2/page2

I think you are OK, you don't have to change the seals until he temperatures goes over 464 degrees Fahreinheit

Brake Check!
The secret is OUT! Brembo Motorsport has been using these little goodies for years. Now you can use the tools that Brembo Motorsport uses for their sponsored teams!
Why Monitor Brake Caliper Temps?
By monitoring brake caliper temperatures, you can make sure that the working range of the brake fluid has not been exceeded. If the temperatures exceed the fluid, fluid vaporization can occur causing loss of the brake pedal.
Temperature Warnings
For those running fixed, multi-piston calipers (Brembo GT, for example), recommended working temperature is < 200°C (392F), whereas the maximum acceptable working temperature is 220°C (428F);
Over 240°C (464F), the seals fitted into the calipers can be overheated and they will not guarantee the right performances of the caliper (sealing, roll back, fluid absorption,…);
If the caliper temperature goes over 240°C (464F), the dust seals and pressure seals should be refreshed.
Sold as a pair, sent via USPS in an envelope (no tracking or insurance available, unless ordered with other merchandise).

Last edited:
I investigated this and it was advised that the Model S brake calipers can be very hard to reach / reinstall. I would recommend only working with someone that has specific Model S experience before touching the calipers.

Not really the case. There's nothing special about the way the calipers are mounted. Once the wheels are off removing the calipers is standard procedure for any good shop. The only challenge a shop may face are the rear parking brake calipers which are electrically activated. Removing them and the activator is a bit tricky but I indicate how it's done on my post.