Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder coating rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys just gave my arachnid wheels to the powder coating company. Really hope to get a satisfying result. Have to admit that I am pretty nervous!

Now one question: how did you guys colour the center caps?! The company i gave them told me that they will paint them clasically and try to match them to the coating.

Good idea? I don‘t know....

Guys just gave my arachnid wheels to the powder coating company. Really hope to get a satisfying result. Have to admit that I am pretty nervous!

Now one question: how did you guys colour the center caps?! The company i gave them told me that they will paint them clasically and try to match them to the coating.

Good idea? I don‘t know....
The guys that did my wheels removed the metal cover from the center caps and powder coated them the same color as the wheels.

Looks awesome!!!!!!!!

I had the same treatment done to my car. I was originally quoted $550 CAD (approx $430 USD) for the powder coating but then the shop tells me after the fact that it's an extra $140 for the special Tesla paint. We settled on $650 in the end ($508 USD). In the end, they did a great job and the colour matched the centre caps I bought from Tesla perfectly. I was going to buy the black plastic lug nut caps from my local service centre, but they ended up giving them to me for free.

The caliper painting cost about $230 CAD ($180 USD) and included painting the inner rotors black and adding the reflective white TESLA decals.

Here's a pic of the result:View attachment 292821

Reactions: EvolutionTeʂla