TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Powder

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bharned3, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bharned3

bharned3 Member

I am still a new owner and had not named my car like others. I finally decided on a name "Powder". I came up with the name based off the movie Powder: Powder (film) - Wikipedia

Since my car is white and all electric seemed like a fitting name. Check out the movie if you have never seen it.

Anyway my son thought it was cheesy. What do you guys think?

2. Jmuessig

Jmuessig Member

I dont know about the chessy part, but I liked that movie!
    I vote keep the name

• Like x 1
  3. Teslobserved

Teslobserved New Member

That film's director was convicted and served time for some truly heinous behaviour involving minors.

Are you wedded to this name? If not, now's perhaps the best time for a separation.

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Not familiar with the movie, so I initially thought it had something to do with skiing or "blow". :) After reading the write-up, it sounds intriguing and could be an apt name for your white electric car.

5. Zextraterrestrial

l like it & thought the movie was pretty good...of course I could almost compete with the powderyness of powder (not quite but I sure don't take sun too well ;> so might be biased...not sure the director matters for the name

6. bharned3

bharned3 Member

I think I will keep the name. Not sure about the director scenario. I can't tan well either @Zextraterrestrial.

• Like x 1
  7. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

You name your girl anything you want. Mine is "The Miss" and she is! Sexy, cultured, perfect at every occasion and just plain damn lovely.

8. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

I imagine only one out of 100,000 people has a clue what you're referring to. Powder is a fine name. If we take your reasoning, might as well throw out the entire Woody Allen canon along with Rosemary's Baby.

• Like x 1