Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power conversion system defective model Y 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Has anyone dealt with something similar to my situation? Received my 2022 model Y on Dec 31, 2021 and noy more than 45 days in my possession. I receive a message stating, power conversion system requires service. Come to find out its a defective part that charges the batteries. However my issue is the time it's taking for tesla to get this part in. I'm going on 3 weeks with no ETA. Is there more I can do? Do I wait patiently? Should there be some sort of "compensation"? TIA

Is there any Lemon Law in SK? In California, a "new" car (defined as first 18 months) is a "Lemon" if it is in service for more than 30 days total or cannot be repaired in 3 visits for the same problem. Then the manufacturer must offer to buy back the car according to a prescribed formula.

Your local consumer protection law is probably your only recourse.

Upvote 0
That's what I figured...sad life. Was hoping to be part of small percent that had little to no major issues. Thank you
Yeah, I read the lemon law for California. I'm just not sure if my situation falls into that since they are literally just waiting for a new power conversion part. Just saw that they moved my ETA to March 11th. That would make it a total of 4 weeks out. I love the car and I can't wait to get it back but it's just sitting and I feel like there's going to be more issues to follow. Plus, I can't just pick one off the lot even if I want a replacement.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I read the lemon law for California. I'm just not sure if my situation falls into that since they are literally just waiting for a new power conversion part. Just saw that they moved my ETA to March 11th. That would make it a total of 4 weeks out. I love the car and I can't wait to get it back but it's just sitting and I feel like there's going to be more issues to follow. Plus, I can't just pick one off the lot even if I want a replacement.
Did they ever get the part to fix your car? And if so, did it take care of your issues?
Just curious because we are waiting on the same part.

Upvote 0
Did they ever get the part to fix your car? And if so, did it take care of your issues?
Just curious because we are waiting on the same part.
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, after 4 and half weeks we finally found the part and it fixed the issue. I live in so cal (Temecula area) and the shop I went to didn't have it on hand so they had to outsource the part and that's what took so long. After I escalated the issue cause I found it hard to believe that the part that every tesla needs is no where to be found. The service manager finally got a hold of it in Arizona. All in all everything worked out even though it took so long.

Upvote 0
I reserved my Tesla model Y performance February 22 and received my delivery June 8 and 72hrs later my brand vehicle is no use to me due to a defective battery that controls the front motor, this is utterly ridiculous. A full charge is around 300 miles and that’s all I received from a brand new car smfh the most driving I’ve had in the car was from the dealership and back to the dealership sad isn’t it….. Anyone else experienced this problem with Tesla??

Attachments

• 563CBA45-A6D4-48A3-9206-EFE68EBDDADF.jpeg
    563CBA45-A6D4-48A3-9206-EFE68EBDDADF.jpeg
    786.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 6455B126-2117-41FA-97DF-2FEA16DF7CC9.jpeg
    6455B126-2117-41FA-97DF-2FEA16DF7CC9.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 0
Study up on the Lemon Law in your State. If that happened to me, I would not hesitate to avail myself of all protections under the law. In most cases, Tesla does not resist doing the right thing and buys back vehicles that have had excessive service needs or protracted service times.

Upvote 0