Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power train problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2012 roadster, has been doing great. Past two weeks intermittently I am getting a message "Power train problem service required" ... The message disappears quick... I called the Dallas service, they have not called me back yet. The car is running fine, anyone else has this message come on? Should I be worried?

I have a 2011 Roadster that is doing great at 75K miles or so. I got that message once about 2 weeks ago and not again. Cured with a restart of the car. I have it in for its annual service presently and asked them to pull the logs. I will let you know what I hear. The last time I had a Power Train problem message, it was a really big deal as something went bad in the PEM a few years ago, and the car was down for a couple of months waiting for a part. But in that case, I got a similar message while driving. Then the car quit. I got it started again, similar message and only got 50 years. Then quit for good, so I suspect this is a different thing. Next time I see it, I am going to take a photo so I can refer to the error ID code...

Next time I see it, I am going to take a photo so I can refer to the error ID code...
anyone else has this message come on? Should I be worried?
You can both find the error in the recent alerts menu in the diagnostic menu.

Take a picture of the error ID in the future, or write down the code if the error is fleeting. The only other way to get the full history of error codes is by downloading your log file from the Roadster.

Let me know if you have any issues with any of the linked instructions.

You can both find the error in the recent alerts menu in the diagnostic menu.

Take a picture of the error ID in the future, or write down the code if the error is fleeting. The only other way to get the full history of error codes is by downloading your log file from the Roadster.

Let me know if you have any issues with any of the linked instructions.
Thank you, how can I download the error codes from the log file, I attempted was unsuccessful.
Kris

The fan was not working. I had to get it replaced-$950.00...
As long as it was just the fan failing. Do you know if the service center replace anything in the PEM, like the CIC/IO board?

Thank you, how can I download the error codes from the log file, I attempted was unsuccessful.
There are instructions here you can try. Good luck!

Is the Roadster doing well now?