Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerflex launces poly bushing kits for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Powerflex just launched poly bushing kits and reinforced forged alu suspension links. Great to see aftermarket items addressing some of the weaknesses of of our cars - looking forward to hearing the first actual experiences with these. There are four different kits, along these lines:

Front Upper Control Arm Inc Bush Kit is a forged aluminium wishbone pre-assembled with our Black 95A bushes to replace the original factory-supplied pressed steel item, saving 0.5kg per arm for ultimate chassis control, performance and durability.

I made the similar mod using similar materials as they do. Still have couple more arms to do in the rears and maybe the upper control arms in the front as well at some point. Work in progress.
It does make the car more responsive to the steering input. I do also have the street Swaybars from UPP. Happy with how the car responds to all these mods so far and more to be done.

Ah, wow. Would you be willing to share dimensions? Would be great if we could find standard sized options that fit at least some of them. Summit lists 1800 different variants of polyurethane alone 😁

Powerflex probably makes a good product but their prices aren't very appealing.

I have bushing noises both front and rear now after a year on KW v3s and the unforgiving roads around here, and I don't really think replacement OEM parts would last any better.

I have no problem sharing with you the dimensions. However I don’t believe that would help you unless you are looking for swaybar bushings replacement. :)
Another thing is their generic polyurethane are not of the hard 95A hardness. And you have to find a way to lock the busings into the arms via snap ring/external ring or other method.