Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Eastbay SF (Concord/PH/Mar) Installer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone knows who does the Powerwall installs for this area? The company that did my solar install doesn't want to work with Tesla for some dumb reason and keeps wanting me to by this crap from LG as "it's just as good"... I don't care, I want a Tesla system to go with my existing solar install...

Thanks,
Jeff

Just curious if anyone knows who does the Powerwall installs for this area? The company that did my solar install doesn't want to work with Tesla for some dumb reason and keeps wanting me to by this crap from LG as "it's just as good"... I don't care, I want a Tesla system to go with my existing solar install...

Thanks,
Jeff

Tesla did my Powerwall install in Sept 2017 and just finished my Solar install last week.

I think Tesla is the only one to install their products in the Bay Area.

• Informative
Reactions: jeffro01
The independent installer I talked to wanted about twice as much as Tesla for the install, so I went with Tesla. I think Tesla did a decent job. Since it's their equipment, I think they have the experience in-house to know how to do the installs, which helps.

I went with Tesla for 2X Powerwall 2 to augment an existing solar system.

At the time of my order, Tesla directly was a better overall price despite the uncertainty of the CA SGIP rebate. Other contractors would mark up their price where they effectively got the majority of the SGIP rebate. Tesla is fully subscribed for the SGIP rebate. You'll still qualify for the 30% Federal Tax Credit if paired with solar.

In general, if you want the SGIP rebate, you may still come out slightly ahead with a third party Contractor. PG&E will be switching to Step 4 soon and you may qualify for $3,480 rebate for each Powerwall. Some companies to consider for a Tesla Battery with previous SGIP reservations:
  • Swell Services Inc.
  • Semper Solaris
Capture.JPG