Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 showing no readings - fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd give my experience with an issue my Powerwall 2 had.
About a week ago my Powerwall stopped working. The app showed no readings for solar production, consumption, battery activity or grid. Nothing. Green light on the battery was solid.
My solar inverter app showed the solar was still functional and distributing power properly.
Attempts by me to 'reset' the system failed, turning off the isolator switches then off at the circuit board for solar, battery and gateway etc. Also logged into the Gateway and tried things there too.
Contacted Tesla and they had me reset the system in this order:
- switch the solar inverter off at the switch board (didn't switch off at the isolator or inverter)
- switch battery off at its own switch, then isolator, then circuit board
- switch off mains
- turn all back on in reverse order 5 mins later
The Gateway made some promising sounding beeps which it hadn't before and the app now showed readings but the battery was still static, solid green light and no activity. Tesla took 24hrs of readings then referred the case to their Teir 2 support in Melbourne.
So I tried switching the battery off at the isolator, but left its own switch on, overnight.
Lo and behold, I switched the battery's isolator back on and huzzah, all working as normal!
I'm yet to contact and update Tesla but I'm presuming that maybe both battery and gateway just froze up for some reason and needed a reset. Seems though that needs to be done in a very specific way, as I feel like I'd tried every variation prior to what I just described.
Relieved it wasn't out of commission long.

• Informative
Reactions: gnumeric