Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 (x2) with Solar - Bad Data and no Output at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I had two Powerwalls installed in a moderately isolated location and I cant get my installer to take this issue seriously. The units are wired correctly 220 wise but usage Data is all wrong. It shows solar to house when its flowing to grid. The Powerwalls wont discharge to the house at night. They sit at 94% even though my threshold is 52%. I can change the threshold and the app shows it, but the Powerwals wont adjust. The IPV4 web page shows data sometimes but mostly Caution Signs with ? in them. I see "Stale Meter Data" all the time. The raw api's show all wrong readings as far in loads from Grid and Solar but the installers app, shows the numbers correctly for Load and Solar in the wizard. I am guessing the Solar CT is wrong and what else I am not sure. Any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! My last contact with the installer said to call Tesla myself as it appeared Okay to him.

It does sound as if your CTs are installed wrong. You should call your installer back and have them fix it. Preferably you'll be there to show them the incorrect readings and ensure it gets fixed.
Joiner-labled.jpg tesla.jpg
Thank you for your support! I am unfortunately in a time crunch as this is now week 4 of the Powerwall install and I have to get this system working. Can anyone tell me where the SOLAR CT's are to be placed? I have attached a photo of the Joiner box for the Powerwalls, and the Solar with the resulting output going to the Gateway. Where should the solar CT's be placed. On the output lines to the Gateway (Position-A), or on the Input from the Solar Arrays (Position-D). Also my graphs are not smooth as I have seen in so many other examples. They appear to be broken down into 15 minute intervals. Does anyone know why this is happening? The gateway is on our LAN.
Again my Thanks for your help!

They should be on the large red and black wires from the solar. It looks like I can see a bit of the CT in the bottom of the picture, can you confirm or take another picture?

As for the gaps in the data, that does look strange. But I don't think that is a CT issue.