Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall and Portable Tool Integration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
As I stare at all my Battery Packs around the house (the latest was for a powerful Leaf Blower), all Lithium and different voltages, I can't help wonder if this couldn't be built into a Powerwall. Yes, Tesla would need to either Partner or Develop hand tool products for the yard and such. Elon?

Take it a step further, and I bet we could offer a choice of voltages (micro-packs) to fit the job size/user/power requirements. Just select and grab more batteries when you pull it from the Powerwall. This synergy really encompasses Total Energy Management. Ya, you'd have to either re-design the cover (again), skip a generation, or make an add-on module for now. But who wouldn't want their portable tool power (among other things...) connected to the sun?

If you're listening, I've been meaning to create something more meaningful in my life as a Maker. I'm a 56 yr old ex Intel Engineer willing to work three months free for Tesla, negotiable, and no risk. I could design this system and would throw in the IP if it helps as this being first article publication. (I guess you could call this a job application - I see it more as a partnership that would really help us all out.) Otherwise I'm probably going to continue with my next gen SoulPedal(R) which is very cool... but it's not Tesla with a much better cause.

Thanks, this is my first post here so be nice. If it's a useless idea or already been thought of, that's good to know as I haven't done any research other that a quick search on this forum. Either someone is doing this, or will.

John
(AKA 215)

Perfect info. I have an early deposit on the M3 so I guess I'm an owner?
Also helps to get user input here too, so we'll see. I keep chewing on this. The counter is that Tesla is not in the tool industry, until you consider the car as a tool that needs portable energy.