Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Companion - updated Windows app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Battery level looks less solid now. Is that intentional?

View attachment 1056935

Ahh! That indicates the reserve level :)
Yes, that is what Tom indicated. It represents your reserve level setting, 30% in your case from the picture. You could verify this by a small experiment, reduce reserve to 25%, refresh page and the hatched area should show 25%. Or, when battery is charged fully or almost so, increase reserve to 40% and hatched area will cover 4 blocks.

Yes, that is what Tom indicated. It represents your reserve level setting, 30% in your case from the picture. You could verify this by a small experiment, reduce reserve to 25%, refresh page and the hatched area should show 25%. Or, when battery is charged fully or almost so, increase reserve to 40% and hatched area will cover 4 blocks.
I've added a tooltip for this in the next version, and also made the hatching a little lighter.

My primary error was noticing that the PC app has ended and hence needed restarting at 2am (while I was working on system software upgrade for a client). Not much active solar at 2am and I didn't make the connection till I read the change notes. I keep the reserve fairly high during winter when it will never fill anyway and there is perhaps more risk of an outage. In summer I drop it lower.

Hey all, there are some new releases of PWC coming through which may make things worse in the short term but better in the long term. I'll provide some technical details below for anyone interested, but the short explanation is that I need to improve some of the technical foundations that could result in some new or recurring bugs.

Please let me know if you see any issues with either versions, and thanks for your patience and support!
I updated to the latest version last week and one thing I noticed yesterday when I was importing data from the app to an Access database is that the format of the 'timestamp' field in the export CSV appears to have changed. I was lucky to still have an older file to compare to and what has changed is this:

Old format: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss (presumably obeying my localisation as I'm in the UK)
New format: yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss+hh:mm (looks like fixed format with daylight savings offset)

The new format looks like what is exported by the official Tesla app, as I played around with it a bit early on before I found your app - much better!)

Before I change the import query I use to load the CSVs into my database can you confirm this was an expected change and is here to stay?

Many thanks

@robmw I checked this and it is indeed a bug. The old format was better as Excel knows how to treat it as a date. I'll fix in the next release.
Thanks 👍

To get it into Access I do have to do some string manipulation even with the old format to get something Access will load (not as easy as with Excel) but dealing with the new format is even messier!

I guess many people might be using the data directly in Excel, so keeping the old format should keep the most people happy :)

Reactions: tomho
On the Home page, it looks like the tooltip for the Yesterday Home Usage value is displaying the Today Home Usage value:

1718880525834.png

All of the other tooltips on this page appear to be correct.

• Informative
Reactions: tomho and charlesj