Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall + Demand Response + Time-based-rates + Time-based controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the maths and the policies and laws are a bit confusing. I am trying to figure out, if I switch to time-based rates, and I am also part of the local Demand Response plan, how does the demand response credit get calculated, as Tesla shows nothing in the app for demand response events and prioritizing them over time-based controls per day.

Example:
Say I turn on my Time-based control for 12pm - 8pm to run off PowerWall, and Demand Response is called from 3pm - 8pm? Will I still get credit for the battery being used during this time? And, if my battery runs out of juice at 5pm, do I get any credit from 12-5, or do I only get the credit for the power generated during the demand response period 3pm-5pm?

This makes my brain hurt and there is nothing documented anywhere on how this would work and demand response is managed, in a communication void, by Tesla.

You didn't say where you are located and which utility you're dealing with. The answers to your questions are certainly dependent on your utility policies and the Demand Response agreement.
You are right, Connecticut, USA & Eversource are the answers. I just didn't know if anyone had general experience with it, but you are right, the specifics do obviously help.