Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Install costs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend was quoted $27,000 for 3PWS in August. She is awaiting site inspection of her current
non - Tesla solar system. She asked me what I paid but I bought both at the same time. Is $27,000 the current quote from your research? If it is lower, can she request a reduction? I seem to remember that option was given with the change in panels from the 315 to the 350 model.
She also said the 27,000 was slightly lower than a local installer price. I wonder if the non Tesla installer would be faster and worth the extra money or slower due to availability of PWs and high demand now with PSPS and many wildfires here in North SF Bay.. Tesla has not given her an installation date other than a vague this late year date possible. Any ideas?
@sorka @wjgjr @jjrandorin

Tesla quoted me $23000 (install included) for 3 PW + GW2 not including the $1000 bundling discount which brings it down to $22K. But the quote did not include the sales which was only included when they sent me the purchase agreement doc to sign.

The actual amounts in the purchase agreement were:

$19500 for 3 PW
$1000 for GW
$2500 for install
$1916 sales tax.

- $2500 for bundled discount which was way more than the $1000 quoted on the site.

So about $25K after taxes before the $2500 bundling discount. Since I was originally only getting solar the net cost for me to add 3 powerwalls is $22.5K + $4200 for a service panel upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
https://www.tesla.com/powerwall/design

That should let you see the current price - entering an address in my area, it is $7k per PW (except I think a bug where PW number 8 is less, but it is back to $7k each for 9/10.) The install costs are as I mentioned above - $3.5k for 3 PW, so total would be $24.5k (excluding any taxes.) Potentially less than the $27k mentioned, depending on taxes and any special charges that might have been identified for that job.

In general, it seems like Tesla has been more than willing to re-price existing orders at the current pricing.

What is the $1000 bundle discount mentioned above? Is that the “current” bundle discount for solar plus PWs which used to be a bundle discount of $2500 (which I received with a July order). In other words there is no discount if you don’t combine both solar with batteries in one order now, correct?

@sorka The bundle discount you are referring to required you purchasing both solar and PWs I assume.

What is the $1000 bundle discount mentioned above? Is that the “current” bundle discount for solar plus PWs which used to be a bundle discount of $2500 (which I received with a July order). In other words there is no discount if you don’t combine both solar with batteries in one order now, correct?

@sorka The bundle discount you are referring to required you purchasing both solar and PWs I assume.
Right - the $1000 is currently the discount for solar + PW installed under a single contract, and it is a flat discount, regardless of the number of PWs ordered. This contrasts with earlier in the year, where the discount was higher the more PWs you ordered (at least up through 3 - not sure if it maxed out.) And there may have been different versions of that program - I know for us, the discount for 2 PWs was $2,575 back in February.

Yes, and I also ordered my PW+Solar in July (7/31).

The current bundling discount is $1000, so it seems I just barely squeezed in there before the changed it.