Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall2 gateway replaced modbus Solaredge monitoring?

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
About to add Powerwall to my Solaredge system and wonder if I should keep the modbus meter.
A modbus meter with CTs in the main panel lets me see export, import, and self-consumption as well as panel level data in the Solaredge monitoring app and website.
Does the Tesla gateway replace this functionality?

miimura

Aug 21, 2013
Los Altos, CA
About to add Powerwall to my Solaredge system and wonder if I should keep the modbus meter.
A modbus meter with CTs in the main panel lets me see export, import, and self-consumption as well as panel level data in the Solaredge monitoring app and website.
Does the Tesla gateway replace this functionality?
The Tesla Gateway will provide redundant consumption information in the Tesla app. If I were you, I would make sure all your existing setup is left untouched. Definitely talk to the lead technician when they arrive and explicitly tell him not to touch the existing consumption meter.

Reactions: Gwgan

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC