Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF on a lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An existing thread with exactly this question, and some responses:

Why someone would want to incur the "definite" cost of putting PPF on a vehicle now, that they currently can not buy at the end of the lease, on the off chance that it MIGHT protect them from some lease end charges "later" I dont understand.

Reactions: 101dals
I wouldn't PPF a car unless I plan to keep it longer than 6 years, and only if it's black. I'm only talking about cars you intend to own. I would never PPF a leased car.

I would recommend ceramic coating to make car washing easier. If you want to save money and have access to a covered area for 24h. Just buy a small bottle and coat it yourself for $150.

Hey :)

Do you guys recommend getting PPF on leased Model Y ? NYC area

Thank you
I take care of my cars regardless if it’s a lease or purchase. Might not make sense to ppf the full front or the entire car. Maybe look into mud flaps and/or side rocker ppf. Still got to keep it looking good while you’re driving it for the entire lease, right?

Seems like your mind is already made up.
Just do it if it makes you happy. I've seen people to a lot of things on leased cars, and at the end of the day, it's your car for the next however many years.
It's not a good investment for you, but I am sure the next owner will appreciate it.