Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the guy quoted me $1800 for xpel sheet. Full front hood, front bumper, side fenders, side mirrors. door edges and back only near bumper area

I have full frontal Clearguard Nano SR PPF. Can’t tell the difference front fender to door. Not sure if you just didn’t mention it but important to get the front headlights/fog lights done as well. Keeps them like new and easily replaceable if necessary.

If nothing else I would always get at minimum the front bumper, headlights/fogs and mirror backs done.

Yes, all of that damage is just rocks from this winter when the county was putting out rocks for ice. I called the Portland Oregon Tesla service center and was basically told that it is an environmental condition and therefore it has nothing to do with Tesla. How are you feeling about your carbon fiber guards? I just ordered some from protectmytesla.com and will put them on as soon as I can.
Very satisfied, but the lower edge could be a fraction lower, would provide a bit more complete protection. It protects around the sides well, just the bottom feels a bit short. Always a tradeoff between aero efficiency and max protection.

Remember to use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat up your tape. And, I applied the tape to the inside of the wheelwell first, before pressing the guard against it, rather than apply to the guard first, and then press against the wheel well. Felt like placement would be more accurate.

Good decision to get the front fully wrapped. I also had mine fully wrapped and mirrors since owning past white cars without getting PPF, the front is just riddled with rock chips and I know my Tesla will be a long term investment it's worth keeping the paint nice and clean.

As for wrapping the doors/rear bumper - You may want to consider to weight the pros/cons it's worth wrapping to protect from door dings but if you get rear ended, your insurance will most likely not cover the PPF and you'll be at a net loss imo.

Wrapping the doors would give you a peace of mind of not getting door dinged tho.
So you advise on just to wrap the front? I didnt think about the insurance piece