Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Predictions for earnings!

Will Tesla be GAAP profitable for q3 2018?

• Yes, by a significant margin ($50M +)

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Yes, by a small margin ($0-$50M)

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • No, by a small margin ($0-50M)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • No, by a significant margin ($50M+)

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really hoping they do well but I have a feeling I hope is wrong that they are just barely going to miss and that will be a disaster since there were no earthquakes or unforeseeable major events.

But hey if they can sell enough credits they might still squeak by.

After watching NFLX get slaughtered after a good Q and forecast I have no hope either way.

Reactions: sweter
I'm going with luvb2b's estimates. I voted "by a small margin 0-50 million" but the prediction is actually 51.2 million; I don't think it'll be too much larger than that.

I also expect cashflow to be much higher than profits.

We're in either a "correction" or a "bear market", but expect the stock to react to positive news -- if only by not going down when everything else does.

Elon is in a good mood and they brought the earnings call forward

I think this means a very good profit of at least $200m. Remember $200m is the just a small matter of whether 2,500 Performance Model 3s got out the door on time or not

And Q4 profit will be at least $500m.

Which means market cap should be up to $100m before the end of the year

There could also be the chance that they have brought the earnings call forward because the general index has been looking very shaky so they are trying to shore up the share price before those bonds become due, or that they realise that TSLQ is vulnerable right now, or it will come alongside some Saudi announcement which had to be put back earlier this week because of the murder controversy.

Whatever the situation, I cant see any bad news. I would be interested to know how new reservations for the model 3 have been coming in over the past 3 months. Now that people get the chance to see and touch their neighbour's Model 3s, we should hope that these numbers are very strong. If fact, if they were very strong then that may justify a capital raise to bring forward the building of the China Gigafactory

I am feeling bullish today :)