Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferred driving display setup...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious what you all's preferred screen preference is. I run in dark mode only all the time. I think I'm sensitive to the white light even at moderate brightness. Now that I have the newest cyberupdate or whatever it's called, I run in the AP/FSD full screen mode all the time (I wish that was an automatic setting). For the times when I'm not traveling, I prefer the darker, more minimal screen. I wish they would move the car up in the display so I can better see if cars are in my blind spot. If I could do that, I'd delete the side view mirrors (or at least adjust them to the ground) because all my side view mirrors do is reflect and magnify truck LEDs right into my retinas. When traveling I run in satellite/terrain display.

So, what's your setup and why?

We think alike. I just recently started to exclusively use dark mode. I don't need such a bright screem and I also just like the dark background on the map. I also think that they could provide more visability to the rear in the driving visualization. I experimented by turning off the blind spot cameras and using just the driving visualization to detect cars in the blind spots. It worked but only dislpayed cars that were a few feet to the rear of my bumper. It needs to display cars at least a couple of car lengths back. Lately, I have the blind spot cameras turned back on. I moved the camera image to the top left of the screen so that it appears just over the driving visualization of cars in the blind spot That way I can look to the same place to see cars in the blind spot cameras and in the driving visualization.

Reactions: DblOSmith